Prepare Asparagus for Cooking:
Trim inedible ends (an inch or two) off the bottom of the stalks. If the stalks are thick, peel the fibrous outer layer off with a vegetable peeler to within two inches of the top. Asparagus will cook more evenly.
Directions for Roasting:
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Prepare 2 pounds asparagus for cooking, per instructions above.
- In a large, shallow baking pan combine the asparagus with salt and pepper to taste.
- Drizzle with a tablespoon or two of olive oil and toss until coated.
- Roast until spears are tender crisp and bright green, about 10 minutes.
- Serve and enjoy as is, or shave Parmesan cheese (just a little!) on top.
Theoretically 4 servings, but knowing me I’d eat it all myself. Yum!