Healthy Holiday Gift Guide: Intermediate Edition
For those on your holiday shopping list that are already committed to healthy eating and fitness, gift giving is easy! Snoop through their gym bag to find out what they’ve already got, then click or hit the stores to make their healthy holiday wishes come true!
Here’s a great place to start:
- A stability ball has almost unlimited uses and is a great addition to any home gym.
- In addition to cross-training, working out sore muscles and pressure points with a foam roller is a great way to keep athletes going strong.
- Resistance bands allow you to take your workout with you anywhere.
- For those brave souls who endure rain, sleet and hail (no, not your mailman) to stay fit, keep ‘em safe and warm with a North Face high-visibility running jacket.
- Great for hiking, biking or running, a hydration belt is a welcome gift.
- I’m not sure I’d order these through the mail, but kettlebells are available at all sporting goods stores. They’re sold in sets and as individual weights.
- I’m in love with post-workout protein smoothies, but they must be delicious! I use my Magic Bullet to do recipe testing.
- “Run Happy!” is the corporate motto of Brooks Running. A gift card for shoes or apparel is a great gift.
- Not strictly a healthy food or exercise gift, but healthy living means treating yourself (and in this case, your lucky gift recipient) well. Birchbox.com will deliver high-end beauty and lifestyle samples to your loved one’s door monthly.
- A relaxing massage or indulgent spa treatment? You had me at hello.
There are so many ways to show your friends and family that you love them and you want them around for a long time to come. Giving them gifts that support healthy lifestyle goals is a great way to encourage their positive food and exercise habits at the holidays.
Losing weight is always gonna be hard, but healthy gift-giving can make it a little bit easier. And aren’t they worth it?!
Let’s go get it!