Grilled Corn and Black Bean Salad
Enjoy this sweet, crunchy salad in the waning days of summer. It can be served warm, cold or even room temperature. Try stuffing a corn tortilla with it and topping with a bit of cheddar cheese and a dollop of nonfat Greek yogurt for a vegetarian main dish!
- 4 ears of sweet corn on the cob, cleaned and trimmed
- 12 oz. can of black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 small red onion, diced
- 1/2 bell pepper, any color, diced
- 1 quart grape tomatoes, cut in half
- 1 avocado, diced
- 2 limes, juiced
- 2 T fresh cilantro (or use basil, if you prefer)
- 1 T cumin
- 1 T extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp hot sauce (such as Tabasco)
- 1 tsp coarse salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
Brush cleaned corn with EVOO and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Grill for 3-4 minutes, turning constantly so corn cooks evenly but doesn’t become charred. Remove corn from grill and let cool. Once cool enough to handle, stand corn up on its end and run a knife down the length of the cob, removing the kernels. Place all kernels into a large mixing bowl along with all remaining ingredients. Makes 8-10 servings. Enjoy!